So, you’ve decided assisted living is the level of care for your loved one—that’s a big step!
But now, you’re concerned about how to choose the right assisted living community for them.
How will you know if a community is ideal for your loved one’s senior living and care needs?
What questions should you ask on a community tour?
What should you definitely plan to see when visiting a senior living community?
And how can you tell the right assisted living community for you from one that’s not a great fit?
Instead of stressing about it—read our comprehensive guide to maximizing your assisted living tour.
Our friend, Elizabeth Daghfal, applied her senior living expertise and insight into crafting a fool-proof collection of her top tips for making the most out of your assisted living community tour.
Check out her top advice, and print it our so you can take it along on your next assisted living tour—
Assisted Living Tour Tips
- Were you greeted warmly by staff who were eager to show you around?
- Does the assisted living community feel comfortable and home-like?
- Is staff available 24/7 to assist with your loved one’s needs?
- Does the environment appear clean and odor-free?
- Is your family invited to stay for a meal during your visit?
- Does the staff respond to residents’ needs in a kind and respectful way?
- Is a calendar of daily activities posted, and do they follow the schedule?
- How much does it cost, and what is involved in moving in and out?
- What do community health professionals, church members, and family members say about the facility’s reputation?
- Chose based on quality care. Don’t be fooled by fancy décor.
- Trust your instincts and listen to your hear.
Frontida Assisted Living’s Mental and Memory Care Facilities take our work and care for loved ones seriously. We treat them like family, and our success shows in their quality of life. Contact us today to take a tour and see what we mean.
Want to know more about choosing an assisted living facility? Need to open the conversation with family members? Check out these other helpful posts.
Elizabeth Daghfal is a writer, teacher, speaker, and community volunteer. When she isn't teaching or writing-- Who are we kidding? Her husband and five kids say she's ALWAYS teaching and writing. She has a passion to help people who are struggling and is happy to say her shoulders are drip-dry. Born and raised in the South, she now lives in Wisconsin and loves it--except for the fifteen months of winter. Read more about her at elizabethdaghfal.com.