Searching for the “right” fit is challenging, when it comes to Assisted Living. There are so many options, and narrowing it down can feel overwhelming. Use these helpful tips to save time and find the option that best fits your loved one’s needs. Click here to download these Tour Tips.
Assisted Living Tour Tips
- Were you greeted warmly by staff who were eager to show you around?
- Does the assisted living community feel comfortable and home-like?
- Is staff available 24/7 to assist with your loved one’s needs?
- Does the environment appear clean and odor-free?
- Is your family invited to stag for a meal during your visit?
- Does the staff respond to residents’ needs in a kind and respectful way?
- Is a calendar of daily activities posted, and do they follow the schedule?
- How much does it cost, and what is involved in moving in and out?
- What do community health professionals, church members, and family members say about the facility’s reputation?
- Chose based on quality care. Don’t be fooled by fancy décor.
- Trust your instincts and listen to your hear.