Senior living communities offer numerous benefits for residents and their loved ones, including safety, security, accessible living, emergency call systems, and more. All these amenities, spacious accommodations, and a dedicated team of caregivers can provide a life-enriching, active lifestyle for older adults.
Frontida Assisted Living has had the privilege of serving families like yours since 2009 and are happy to offer guidance and support as you make this significant life decision. Read on to learn more about the peace of mind senior living can provide.
Top Ways Senior Living Can Provide Safety, Security, and Peace of Mind for Older Adults
Here are a few of the reasons why families are happy they chose a senior living community like Frontida for their loved ones:
- Welcoming Living Spaces – Many communities focus on creating a safe environment to minimize fall risk and maximize comfort. Common areas are often spacious and feature handrails, accessible furniture, and proper lighting. At Frontida, engaging indoor recreation areas include cozy fireplaces and open-plan seating.
- Accessible Rooms – Frontida communities often have private suites, bedrooms, and companion rooms to fit your loved ones’ needs. Room accommodations provide fully accessible bathrooms with walk-in showers, grab bars, and space for adaptive equipment.
- Dedicated Caregivers – Senior living offers a team of dedicated caregivers to meet residents’ changing health needs. Frontida communities have 24-hour personal care and supervision, including on-site nursing and therapy teams to meet each senior’s individual needs. Paxxon Healthcare Services, for example, are in each Frontida community and provide extra care services that can be adapted as residents require assistance with daily activities or have questions about their health and wellness.
- Maintenance and Housekeeping Services – Home maintenance and housekeeping chores can become challenging as we age. Senior living promotes a maintenance-free lifestyle where staff are responsible for household tasks, including snow removal, landscaping, home repairs, and more. The beautifully maintained outdoor areas at Frontida provide nature-loving residents with a place to enjoy Wisconsin’s seasons. Additionally, communities also offer housekeeping and laundry services so residents can focus more on enjoying retirement.
- Dining Program – Delicious, home-cooked foods using locally grown produce (including produce grown in each Frontida community’s garden!) and other ingredients provide residents three nutritious meals daily with snacks in between. We encourage healthy choices and well-balanced meals. Dining can also be an opportunity to socialize with peers, reducing the risk of loneliness and social isolation many seniors experience at home.
- Life-Enriching Activities – Senior living prioritizes purposeful living, encouraging a sense of belonging for residents through scheduled activities, special events, and outings to attractions, restaurants, and shopping. Communities typically customize programming based on the interests of their residents, often including residents in the planning and implementation. Frontida’s dedicated Life Enrichment coordinators work to plan and schedule meaningful activities for all residents.
- Care Options – Frontida’s network of communities is a resource for those looking for dedicated memory care or specialized behavioral health care. These offerings provide a continuum of care for loved ones.
How Senior Living Can Improve Quality of Life
Senior living amenities and services often improve the quality of life for older adults. The safety and security the communities provide can be life-changing for families who were previously concerned about their loved one living alone.
Senior living offers peace of mind that your loved one is part of a caring community of peers, a compassionate interdisciplinary team, and a network of services to meet their needs.
Feel at Home at Frontida Assisted Living
If you’re researching senior living options, we invite you to visit one of our family-owned assisted living communities in Wisconsin. Here you’ll find traditional-style care for residents who require assistance with day-to-day tasks but still desire a high level of independence.
Our compassionate team strives to create a sense of community and purpose for each resident through personalized programming, life-enriching activities, and special events.
We value honesty, trust, and open communication to build relationships with our residents and their loved ones. Together, we form a partnership to ensure your loved one lives a fulfilling life, feeling a sense of belonging and purpose.
When you’re ready, contact any of our 11 Frontida assisted living and memory care communities to gather more information, or to set up a personalized tour. We’re here for you whenever you need us.