How do I know when it’s the right time for senior living and care?
At Frontida Assisted Living, we understand that acknowledging the need for behavioral health care support or transitioning into an assisted living or memory care community setting can be an emotional, stressful, and confusing journey.
That’s why we’re dedicated to helping Wisconsin families navigate the complex world of senior care. We want to help you learn more about the continuum of senior living and care, as well as understanding key concepts, like—
- How to identify when care is necessary
- How to talk about assisted living with your loved one
- What financial planning options are available
- How to best facilitate a smooth transition into an assisted living community
If you’ve got questions and need personalized support and guidance—we’re here for you!
Reach out to your local Frontida Assisted Living community for individualized assistance to help you take the first steps in your decision-making journey.
What does ‘assisted living’ mean?
Assisted living exists on a spectrum of long-term care services that provide housing, personal support, and medical care to those who are no longer able to live independently.
Unlike nursing homes, assisted living communities are designed to promote a greater level of independence, empowering residents to continue doing the things they love, while having the support and care of a specialized team when they need it.
In certain cases, residents in assisted living require a greater level of care, due to challenges with memory loss, behavioral health, and other factors.
For these individuals, some of our Frontida houses provide Memory Care and behavioral health services that are tailored specifically to the unique needs of these residents.
How will I know when it’s time for senior assisted living and care?
Knowing when to begin the journey into assisted living can be challenging—for both family members in need and their loved ones.
As a result, many wait until something happens that forces them to make decisions about care very quickly. But this can impact your ability to find the best quality of care and an environment that suits the wants and needs of your loved one.
You may be unsure if your loved one can truly benefit from assisted living and care. If you have questions, here are some common signs that it’s time to consider assisted living.
Does your loved one struggle with:
- Personal care, such as showering, dressing, or cooking
- Home maintenance tasks, like cleaning or gardening
- Accidents, such as trips or falls
- Increased medical care requirements
- Lack of companionship and feelings of loneliness
- Behavioral health declines that are impacting their quality of life
- Issues with forgetfulness or memory loss
If you’re having difficulty providing your loved one with the level of care and support they require, it can negatively impact your relationship with them and cause more stress and worry in your life.
Assisted living can help you get back your time, energy, and relationship with your loved one, not to mention the peace of mind you deserve.
Financial options for assisted living
Many people believe assisted living is outside their financial reach, however there are many options available to ensure your loved one can receive the best and most appropriate care for their needs.
It’s always a good idea to discuss options with your financial advisor when considering how to cover the costs of assisted living. You might be surprised at what you can afford and the various options and resources available to you.
What is included in the costs of assisted living?
As a comprehensive service, the inclusions of assisted living expenses are quite extensive.
From housing, daily activities and delicious, home-cooked meals to assistance with medication and round-the-clock medical assistance, everything your loved one needs to live a happy and fulfilling life is included in our all-inclusive rates at Frontida Assisted Living
At all our Frontida assisted living homes, you can expect:
- Accommodation and amenities
- Delicious home-cooked meals and snacks throughout the day
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Around-the-clock assistance from licensed nurses when needed
- Assistance with prescribed medication by trained and qualified nurses
- Fun and interactive activities to provide enjoyment and maintain social relationships among residents
- Access to an onsite medical doctor
- Support from experienced social workers
For Memory Care and Behavioral Health Care residents, we offer:
- Memory Care/behavioral health programming and services
- Access to medical staff with extensive experience supporting residents with memory and behavioral health conditions
If you have more questions, we’re always here to help.
Our mission is to be a trusted resource for families looking for the highest quality care and best living environment for the unique needs of their loved ones.
Get in touch anytime to learn more about assisted living care and how Frontida can help you achieve peace of mind.